As part of our forces topic in Science, we have been learning about gravity, the effect of friction, air resistance, water resistance and also how gears, levers and pulleys allow a smaller force to have a greater effect.
We had 5 different stations this week and we explored and investigated each of the following areas:
- Water Resistance – investigating how long different shapes of plasticine of the same mass took to sink
- Friction – investigating how long different materials took to slide down a slope of different coverings took.
- Gears – investigating how many turns different sized cogs made, and how these fit together to make objects move.
- Pulleys – explored how pulleys help us to lift heavier objects more easily
- Levers – exploring how can change the direction of a force or magnify it.